Tuesday 30 December 2014

My New Years Resolution

Since my teenage years, every December/January I would make a list of New Years resolutions, with the list getting increasingly larger the older I get. Mainly full of goals I knew I wouldn't really achieve in the following year, but hey it's the thought that counts right?

Each list would always be similar to the last, and would mainly include the following:

- save money
- meet a nice boy
- lose weight / get fitter
- get a job in the music industry

I've always been terrible with managing my money, I hated maths at school and my student years saw my overdraft grow and grow. Sure I've gotten slightly better by not buying EVERYTHING, but I am in no way ready to be 'saving' right now, particularly when I currently survive on £50 a week. 

Meet a nice boy? I'm not even sure that exists, so I'll move swiftly onto the next point. Losing weight. I think this has been on my New Years resolution list since the age of 14. Now though, I've become more accepting of my shape, I'm curvy (or as I prefer to say, voluptuous) and I always will be. I eat really quite healthily and I'm starting to enjoy exercise more than I used to. Yes I did a little fist pump when I fitted into a size 10 wetsuit and occasionally I ask my thighs if they could wobble a little less, but sometimes I prefer to scoff a chocolate bar or half a packet of biscuits than sweat my guts out running. I know of girls who cry when they have to get an item of clothing in the next size up and I'd really rather not have that misery in my life. I'll continue to eat healthy and use the treadmill when I can, but I'm not going to let my size takeover my life. 

As for my career? It will obviously be my main focus for 2015 and I will be pushing harder than ever to get where I deserve to be, but I refuse to put myself down with every job rejection I may receive and as I will be entering the new year officially self-employed, I'm already part of the way towards my goal. 

So this year I have one resolution, and one resolution only... 


Be happy. 

I know, I know I hear you all cringing at the cliche and believe me I'm not turning this into a #newyearnewme piece, but really all I want in 2015 is to be happy. For those that have read my posts over the past year and who follow me on Twitter, you'll all be aware of how bloody miserable I've been in 2014. My confidence has been at an all time low, I've struggled with a lot of things and my overall happiness has been severly affected. I've been a grump at the best of times, cried more than I care to admit and I've become a bit of a moany pants. This is not me, not at all. I'm usually a strong and independent person who enjoys the simple things and making others laugh.  I enjoy meeting new people and making new friends and I really don't want people forming the wrong impression of me because of my moods. 

So this year, I will make it a daily goal to be happy. To wake up and have some form of structure to my days and to do something each day that I know will make me happy, whether that's going for a walk along the seafront, taking an hour out to watch some TV or making the effort to go see a friend. I don't want to be a misery guts anymore, so I'm going to start 2015 with a smile and a kick up the ass and I hope you can all join me. 

Happy New Year everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment