Tuesday 26 February 2013

London, the city of Love...



Yesterday I hopped on a train up to the capital to meet some good friends of mine and have a generally nice day out wandering around and catching up over some drinks, (a few too many possibly). Which, is actually exactly what happened and I had a fabulous day full of laughter and embarrassing myself infront of a celebrity in Liberty's. Perfect.

What I wasn't expecting, however, was a man practically jumping on me whilst walking down Oxford Street. There I was in my own little world, making my way to Topshop to meet my friend, when this man pops up infront of me and stops me dead in my tracks.

"Hello?" I ask, with confusion.

The next five minutes went a little something like this:

"Hi, I know this is really random, but I had to come up and stop you and let you know how beautiful you look... you look awesome."

"Urm, thanks?"

"Sorry, I know this is random but I had to tell you how cute you looked. Where are you from? Are you at University? What do you do in Portsmouth? I can tell by looking in your eyes right now there's so much more to you."

The above questions were filled with lots of err's and umm's whilst I awkwardly try to form a brief conversation with this stranger. Now, when writing this down, this could be the perfect movie meet-cute, a tall dark handsome stranger stops a young girl to tell her how beautiful she is. However all I felt was serious awkwardness with this man, who I am sorry to say was not attractive, in my opinion anyway. I simply told him I was flattered but I really had to dash and declined his invite of a phone number.

This is the first time something such as this has happened to me and I honestly had no idea what to do with myself or how to handle the situation. Though kudos to this man, it takes balls to approach a random girl in such a way, maybe one day he'll stop the right one and they'll live happy ever after. That or he'll receive a restraining order from someone. Let's hope it's the first eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment