Sunday 24 February 2013

The Back Story.

Once upon a time...

Dear reader,

There once was a young girl, 

Okay, let's forget the stupid starting lines. Behind every blog is a story, a reason why it came about in the first place and you, as readers will want to know that story. This is mine.

I've been in three, what I'd call, fairly serious relationships. Though looking at some people's relationships they seem exceedingly brief. The first beginning when I was 15, young love as they say. It lasted a whole 19 months before the long distance grew too much, money became a need and growing up and apart began to happen.

The second - the college years. A friend of a friend. My longest relationship to date. It was full of emotion, sometimes too much, a little immature you could say, but it worked for a while. My mother approved and we were happy for nearly two years. Then my old friend University popped up, I grew and changed as a person very quickly, he didn't. Our lives became more and more mismatched and I fell out of love just as quickly as I fell into it.

The third - the one that possibly shouldn't have been. I'm not one to regret, in fact I don't think I regret anything I've done in my life. He was the local DJ, I was a university fresher having the time of her life. We had some fun and then BOOM, that bundle of love got thrown right at us. It was up and down for the best part of 18months, too much emotion and sensitivity and a misunderstanding of how each others lives worked. We were different but wanted to be the same. I wanted to make his life better, he wanted to show me the world isn't so great. The optimist and the pessimist. It all came to a spiteful end in October 2011, strong language was used and anger filled me up in places I didn't think it could. The girl who used to wear her heart on her sleeve was now shoving it deep into a box and locking it away for as long as physically possible.

And here I am. I always thought I'd be the one jumping from relationship to relationship, never having much time to be single, I didn't want all that anyway. It's funny how you change in the space of a few months, how your opinions change and your morals? Pah, nobody wants those.

I was a solid ice queen for a year or so. It's only been recently that the silly old heart of mine has been bashing against the lock on the box trying to escape and have another chance. I just don't know if I'm ready to let it out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment