Wednesday 3 April 2013

The problem with needing adventure.



I am not a patient person. If I get an idea in my head I do it, when I wanted dip dye hair two years ago I just went into the hairdressers and got it done. I fancied an undercut, so I grabbed my dad's clippers. I hated my last job, so I quit it, even though I was moving into a new flat and didn't even know if I'd make the first months rent. I get bored very quickly and I change my mind often, I've had more dream careers in the past few years than I ever thought possible.

I like adventure, I grew up by the sea amongst the fields and spent my childhood exploring and just taking in the outdoors and everything it holds. I now find comfort in going on long walks through forests, strapping my surfboard to the top of my car and heading to the ocean. I enjoy long drives, (even though I have panic attacks if I get the slightest bit lost), but I like knowing I have 3 hours of road and the best mixtape to soundtrack my journey, wherever I may be going.

But right now? Right now I'm stuck. My car needs fixing (okay it's my fault for not yet booking it in to the garage), so I can't travel anywhere. Even if it was working a-okay I have no money for petrol, my last pay packet has just about covered me in terms of rent, bills and food. I haven't seen anyone new in far too long, don't get me wrong, I love the guys I work with and I bloody love my flatmates but my life has been a circle of seeing them all, just on varying days. I haven't had an adventure, as such in a long, long time. Rewind a few months ago and I was here there and everywhere, my own personal tour of the UK. Cardiff, Bath, Cheltenham, London, Brighton... and I was happy, I was so happy.



I haven't been to see my friends in Cardiff since November, I've had a few quick visits to london to catch up with people and a brief visit to Essex for a night out. But they are at least a month ago now. OKAY that doesn't sound that long ago, but like I said, I'm inpatient. When I feel like this, when I feel alone, all I want to do is get in my car and drive, drive anywhere, just out of this dead end city, see the people I adore and forget about all the worries I have. Don't we all just need to escape sometimes?

The thing is, I don't know when I will be able to escape. I don't know when I'll stop feeling like this. I have no motivation to apply for any jobs because I get rejected from so many and I feel out of the loop in regards to music, when in reality I'm probably a hell of a lot more in the loop than a lot of people I know. I'm trying to drag myself out of this hell of self-pity and sort myself out, but it feels like the little devil of life keeps pulling me back. Throwing more things my way so I don't leave.

I just want to see some different faces. I just want adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment